Green Year’s Resolution February: Conclusion… And Starting March

5204475317_a70e07afc0_zIf you’ve been following this blog, you already know I’ve decided to have a new resolution for every month of the year, instead of making a whole bunch of them starting on New Year’s. For the month of February, my resolution was to lower our weekly energy use by 10%.
Our old usage was 66 Kwh, and so our new weekly usage should be under 60 Kwh.

I’m going to cut to the chase and inform you that I did not succeed. The first two weeks we used about 60 Kwh a week, the past two weeks however, we’ve used about 69, which is actually more then we used before!
However, when I started thinking about what went wrong I quickly realized how much power we must have used while we were renovating. It’s not hard to imagine how the use of a sander, drill or a jig saw would completely throw of our energy usage.

Nevertheless, my goal wasn’t met. Not to mention I never even once used the smart wall plug that could have made such a difference.
So after some contemplation, I’ve decided to extend February’s resolution into March. I’m not going to give up and move on to a new resolution before I actually achieve what I wanted to.

So once more, my goal is to have an average weekly energy use of less than 60 Kwh, by the end of the month. I’m going to try to pay even more attention to our usage and actually start using the smart plug. I hope you’re all still with me. Be sure to check in for updates.


This entry was posted in Green Year's Resolutions and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *